Build your own ring
As a ring buyer I want to easily view how different stones and settings can be configured so that I can feel confident that my selections will create a ring that will delight its recipient.
Current Build Your Own Ring experience was confusing, outdated and didn’t clearly lead customers to easier ring configurations, wish list, in-store previews or purchase commitments.
The improved “Build Your Own Ring” experience focuses customer action on tangible, clearly understood configuration options without distraction from site content or secondary/tertiary calls to action leading to easier to evaluate/compare configurations when favoriting rings or adding selections to cart.
Refine and deliver an experience that leverages our expertise to help customers easily find the right engagement ring. Introduce new brand.
By testing the product at an early stage, helped us iron out problems and gain feedback for future iterations.
Enhance brand content, showcase the unique value proposition of the products throughout the experience, present a unique brand story that helps drive more rapid purchase decisions.
- Improvements to Add To Cart conversion
- Improve general conversion
- Improvements to Add To Wish List engagement
- More effectively target Millenial buyer demographic
- Be competitive
The visual identity says as much about us as our brand voice and the two always work in harmony. The color palette is composed of our primary gold and supported by dark blue. White backgrounds and open space play important roles in our visual communication. White serves as a clear canvas that allows our colors, text, and imagery to stand out. White also brings a clean, modern sensibility to our look and enhances the presentation of the user interface.
Replacement of existing Build Your Own Ring workflow with improved workflow including:
- Product Detail Page experience on either desktop or mobile devices with responsively designed interface.
- Utilization of sliders, pop-ups and other animation transitions will delight and entice customers to quickly assemble configurations without distraction or competing calls to action.
- Simpler and clarified on screen representation of key diamond & setting characteristics, imagery & video content.
- Easier pathways to Wishlist options and Purchase Cart choices.
- A/B Split Testing of new workflow behavior against legacy workflow behavior.
By improving the Built Your Own Ring mobile experience, Ritani stands to realize substantial improvements in positive website content engagement subsequence choices to add inventory to wish lists, Free In-Store Purchase and Purchase cart thereby increasing the potential for actual bottom-line revenue generation with each increase to key steps in Ritani’s conversion funnel.
Over the course of 7 days we tested the MVP with over 45 qualified users.
• 10 women who are working with their partner to choose a ring
• 17 males who are working with their partner to choose a ring
• 18 “solo” males who are going to propose without her involvement in the ring purchase
• Annual household income of 75K or higher
• Ring budget of 2K or higher
• Ages 23-45
“Horizontal Tabs” – layout proved during testing to be the worst performing layout and navigation pattern. The collapsed nature of “Horizontal Tabs” makes it diﬃcult for users to accurately predict how much, or little, content is available on the product page and within each tab.
- The ﬁlter were hard to digest and overwhelming. The educational content was hard to ﬁnd.
- When using the ﬁlters, the results were under the fold and the user wanted to see the product results populating right away.
After starting customizing the diamond, the user stated that was not clear how long the entire activity will take. What’s the current status and how close the user is to complete the task.
What have we learned?
We need more tests: this initial testing showed that it’s worth continuing our investigation. So far, the users like the overall experience, but there are some disruptions, but the path forward isn’t clear cut.
MVP 2 Goals
- Higher conversion rates, increased traﬃc, and increased sales.
- Introduce new brand and design system, keep consistency across entire experience.
- Enhance brand content, showcase the unique value proposition of the products throughout the experience, present a unique brand story, enhanced images, that help drive more rapid purchase decisions.
- Present the user a more eﬃcient ﬁltering system, that it allows the user to accurately assess the available product range, compare those products.
- Focus on educating the user about diamonds in the basic and advanced ﬁlters. Provide tips and visual cues.
- Present the user with a progress bar to minimize user tension, provide feedback to the user about what is happening within a reasonable amount of time, then A/B Split Testing of new workﬂow behavior against legacy workﬂow behavior.
- Present the user with suﬃcient product information to adequately assess a product’s suitability.
- Provide the user with adequate visual product information like good product thumbnails which a key role in the user’s search and selection of products.